This Labour Day, Monday 2 May, we celebrate the work and extraordinary effort of many thousands of workers who’ve turned up everyday to help see us through a worldwide pandemic.
They are our nurses, our health workers, our teachers and early years educators, our first responders, our transport workers, our retail and hospitality workers.
They are the people who kept our power running, our water flowing, our garbage collected, our public
buildings clean, our food supplies running.
They are all the people who provide essential support for those on the front line. And so many more.
Join your union and march on Labour Day so we can say thanks for everything you’ve done, or come
and line Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley (between Wickham St and St Pauls Tce) to say thanks.
This Labour Day, we say thanks to all the workers of Queensland. You’ve kept us safe and secure.
Brisbane Labour Day
Parade starts at 10 am, Corner of Turbot and Wharf Streets, Spring Hill. The Parade will finish at the
Brisbane Showgrounds, with free rides, food, music and fun.
You can view the full march route from Spring Hill to the Brisbane Showgrounds here.
Regional Labour Days
You can access a list of regional Labour Day events here.
Important Health Advice
- Stay at home if unwell
- How to seek assistance if becoming unwell during the event (locate security, cleaners, event officials or first aid / in-event health staff)
- Location of first aid posts
- Maintaining physical distancing requirements is the individual’s responsibility
- Enhanced public health measures that are in place at the event
- Encourage attendees to download the Check In Qld app prior to attending the event.
- Not attending the event if:
- You have been in close contact with a person who is positive for COVID-19
- You are positive for COVID-19
You have travelled overseas or to a declared COVID-19 Hotspot in the previous 14 days
We would like to thank our generous sponsors for their support.